Thursday, December 20, 2007

Now We Are Two

Two years ago today I set up a blog called The Renaissance Monkey. I started it because a few friends had begun writing them (they've all now stopped) and I liked the possibility of having an outlet for words and images where I could establish a persona and yet retain some sense of anonymity. Many, probably most, of the people who read this blog actually do know me in person but it is still pleasing to have my alter ego to shield me if necessary.

I had no plan when I started regarding subject matter, I suspected it wasn't going to be a blog that was subject specific but I was also pretty sure it wasn't going to be just "Dear Diary" entries either. I suppose the main function which writing this has served, as well as offering me a time machine back into my recent past, is that by writing my thoughts down, on whatever topic, I get them straighter in my own mind. I find this makes understanding the world in which I live a little less befuddling.

Here's wishing my little blog a happy birthday.

For the sake of amusement here's the author then and now:


Then:

Me


Now:

Guitar Heroes


Make of that what you will.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Churlita said...

Happy blogversary.

4:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home