Monday, December 10, 2007

The Joys of Central Heating

Having got home from work yesterday, utterly sodden and cold, it was a delight to be able to curl up with Tinseltroos and watch movies, cosy and warm on the sofa. We watched Jason and the Argonauts and My Neighbour Totoro back to back. It was a good selection though I say it myself. Jason and the Argonauts is one of my favourites: I love the animation/effects (obviously) but I also adore the way the story is told at such a cracking pace with such bravura and gusto. Totoro is a lovely film that fizzes with positive energy and is so beautiful to look at it revitalises my faith that film-making can truly be an art-form and not just a corporate money-printing machine, which is often what it feels like to me.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home