Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Sun Burn

I spent all yesterday at Pinewood Studios for a miniature shoot for the film I'm currently working on. It was an 8 a.m. call meaning that I was in a car at about 7 a.m. heading up there. As usual the day went very slowly and we were out on the back lot for most of it. You learn pretty fast that hearing "going on set" should trigger the thought "take some sun-block". I did remember this and covered my lily-coloured geek-pasty skin with factor 50 for the whole day. I felt a bit slimy but only the tops of my ears got a little toasty. The one highlight of the day was the inevitable fried breakfast in the Pinewood canteen. It's a very long way from sophisticated dining, quite like school dinners, but we must take our crumbs of comfort where we may. I did see one, rather large, fellow with a plate stacked with a baked potato and chips. Very fond of potato obviously.

On the journey back the car that came to collect us was a Toyota Prius, the hybrid car. I have seen plenty about but never had a ride in one. I was rather impressed. It was quiet, comfortable and brisk. With me (a little over six foot) and my colleague of similar height behind me we both had enough legroom to be comfortable and in a car of that size you can't often say that. The driver was saying that the saving in fuel from the hybrid car over the Mercedes he used to drive was over £200 a week. Now obviously this guy does serious mileages but to be able to save £10 000 a year in fuel is crazy. If were thinking of buying a car, which I'm not, I'd definitely put the Prius on the list.

In Hellboy 2 promo news there's a new trailer out which has excerpts from three of the shots I did. There's a whole lot of stone giant in this one at about 1:10 in:


OK, self-promotion over. Time for bed.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Churlita said...

I've never ridden in a Prius either. I'd love to have one for the California road trip though.

6:31 am  
Blogger Mr Atrocity said...

It'd be pretty good for that and you'd blend in with all the hippies with Priuses (Prii?).

5:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home