Monday, June 16, 2008

A Year On

Me and T

A year ago today my life changed dramatically and in a way more delightful than I could possibly have dreamt. On the 16th June 2007 Tinseltroos and I moved into Schossadlerflug. I wasn't nervous, though perhaps I ought to have been. I'd never lived with a girlfriend before and this should have felt like a "big step". But it didn't, not really. It just felt right and natural. I don't actually remember which one of us first broached the idea of moving in together. The whole process, from realising that we wanted to do it, to finding and then settling in to Schossadlerflug took a few months but after we'd finished Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix we had the time to do it right.

And a year on I couldn't be happier. It's been the loveliest year of my life to date and I haven't regretted it for a second. In retrospect it still doesn't seem like a momentous decision and although I realise it was a life-changing moment it felt more like an evolution than a revolution and one that we both (I think) reacted to in the same way.

I know I am a very fortunate man and I do thank my lucky stars daily that my life is as good as it is. I complain quite a bit, often about work and sometimes with justification, but deep down I wouldn't change a thing. Here's to many, many more years.

In other news I finished working on Hellboy 2 today. I have earned a drink.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Beverly Sutphin said...

*sniff*

That's lovely :)

8:03 pm  
Blogger Churlita said...

Very nice post. You two look amazing together. I'm happy that it's all going so well for you.

2:06 am  
Blogger Margaret said...

oohhww, ya'll are lind of sickening, too happy complete

3:10 am  
Blogger Boudicca Lee said...

You just brought a smile to my unhappy Tuesday morning...many thanks and good luck for the next year!

9:24 am  
Blogger Mr Atrocity said...

Thanks everyone.

11:53 am  
Blogger Mrs Pouncer said...

Dear Mr Atrocity, how charming! Mr Pouncer and I have been married some 30 summers, and winters too, and I wish you Godspeed on your journey together.

By the way, I wish you had a name of a more lightsome nature, without ruining the cadence of the original, of course. Mr Atrophy, for example, or even Mr Batrocity. Could you give it some thought? Cordially as ever, Mrs P

1:06 pm  
Blogger Mr Atrocity said...

Mrs Pouncer, thank you for your kind words. There is a reason for my nom de plume which I summarised here. It is therefore, I think, likely to remain.

1:47 pm  
Blogger booda baby said...

Wow, that was one of the nicest tributes to togetherness! I've had enough of marriage, but a good partnership and in-synchitude is pretty damned precious.

Am very glad you're very happy.

3:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home