Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Finger Painting


Fingers Painted, originally uploaded by Mr Atrocity.

Tinseltroos and I are in the midst of putting some fancy dress costumes together and for one of them some dismembered fingers are required. Last night we stuck our hands into alginate and filled the resulting moulds with plaster of paris. This evening, upon getting home from work, I painted them up. Tinseltroos had already given them a good fleshy base coat, I added some texture and detail to the skin and painted in the nails. I knew all those years at art school would pay off eventually. I'm rather pleased with our ghoulish creations. I love making costumes, it encourages all sorts of cutting, painting, sticking, sewing, and is thus, I feel, a good thing.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Mrs Pouncer said...

Dear Mr Batrocity, I am encouraged to see that you use your time wisely, and did not waste 4 years of tax-payers' money with flim-flam, as some of us who were at St Martin's in the 1970s did. (Before it became CENTRAL St M etc) Cordially as ever, Mrs P

1:12 pm  
Blogger booda baby said...

While costumes make me recoil for some reason I don't even want to know about, I LOVE that other people love wearing and making them. They are HUGE entertainment.

And, on occasion, creepy.

Have you ever worked on big puppet thingies?

3:31 pm  
Blogger Churlita said...

Those fingers are awesome. Once when a friend of mine and I made candles, we got obsessed with sticking our fingers in the wax to make the fake fingers too. Sadly, they weren't half as cool as yours were.

4:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home