Thursday, March 20, 2008

Cake or Death?

We had a charity raffle and cake sale at work yesterday. I decided to try my hand at a receipt I hadn't done before as I usually do a ginger cake but fancied a change. I plumped for a chocolate cake and then hit the internet looking for the perfect one. Strangely putting terms like "best chocolate cake" into Google returns more than one result, which is a logical impossibility but there we are. I finally settled on this receipt, which claimed the lofty status of "Ultimate Chocolate Cake". Well I could hardly refuse, now could I? Here are a few photos of the construction:

Chocolate Cake Ingredients Mixing Pan

This is the pan I melted my own bodyweight in dark chocolate in.

Chocolate Cake Just Out of the Oven

The cake as it appeared, naked straight from the oven. This was getting on for midnight so I had to let it cool overnight before making the ganache after breakfast on the following morning. It ended up looking like this:

Chocolate Cake Covered in Ganache

I ended up, after having licked the spoon I used to mix the ganache, like this:

Sleepy Me WIth Ganache Around My Mouth

At 32 years of age you'd have thought I'd be able to eat without smearing my food all around my mouth wouldn't you? You'd be wrong.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Churlita said...

No way. You're not doing it right if you don't get it smeared all over your face.

3:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home