Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Better Than it Should Be


The Rain Against the Window, originally uploaded by Mr Atrocity.

Here's the Post Unrelated Photo of the Day - the view out of Schossadlerflug on Sunday afternoon. Now onto the matter in hand...

I made a salad for dinner last night. T and I had been out for burgers for lunch and so felt guilt-tripped into having something healthy for dinner and salad seemed like a good idea. This ended up being tastier than I'd thought so I'm writing it up as much for the benefit of my sieve like memory as for anything else.

1) Cook some quinoa, about 2oz per person is good. I added a teaspoon of vegetable stock powder to the water to give the quinoa some sort of flavour.

2) Finely dice a handful of stilton cheese, two cored and peeled pears and five or six spring onions.

3) When the quinoa is cooked and drained mix all the ingredients together.

4) Add a couple of teaspoons of runny honey and a slug of cider vinegar.

5) Mix well and season to taste.

6) Serve on a bed of baby gem lettuce.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger booda baby said...

That would probably sound a lot more fantastic if I had any idea what quinoa were. Was. Is. Pick your proper.

It's otherwise pretty hard to go wrong with stilton and pears.

Anyway, I'm REALLY replying because the photo is phenomenal.

5:16 pm  
Blogger Mr Atrocity said...

Thank you Booda Baby, I just saw the view and grabbed my camera.

Quinoa is a little like cous cous in texture and flavour. It's supposed to very good for you. There's more here.

5:50 pm  
Blogger Churlita said...

I love that photo as well. I can't wait for it to rain instead of snow.

9:22 pm  
Blogger jen said...

yeah, i was confused as well about this mysterious quinoa. thank god for wikipedia/resident vegetarians sitting nearby. with that said, i think that there should be a mr. atrociity mail-order dining service. ijs.

2:25 pm  
Blogger Mr Atrocity said...

Thanks, Jen. I fear the dining service, which would have to rely on The Royal Mail and USPS, may not be that popular once the consignments have taken their regulation four to six weeks to reach their destinations.

Probably best to roll your own in this instance.

5:00 pm  
Blogger Mr Atrocity said...

Churlita, you won't want to hear this but I have been wishing for a little snow here. So far there has been none.

5:58 pm  
Blogger booda baby said...

My impertinence is breathtaking, I know, considering I myself rarely do this things, but I've tagged you for the one (possibly the only) meme that ever appealed.

I guess I'd like to see what a Britishy chappy will come up with. :)

3:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home