Sunday, November 16, 2008

Angry Otto


Angry Otto
Originally uploaded by Mr Atrocity
I made this little fellow in Processing, a graphics programming language this afternoon. I was inspired by all the little monsters made using Processing on this page. In the video, the moving dot represents the location of the mouse pointer and Otto really hates mouse pointers. It's fun to make him chase the pointer in the actual application and to see his cross little face snap at it when he gets close enough makes me giggle every time. It's surprising how much life and fun you can impart in just 200 lines of code.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Churlita said...

I'll have to wait and check it out at home. I'm at stupid work, where they actually expect me to work.

8:41 pm  
Blogger booda baby said...

Otto's got celebrity written all over his 200 lines. I'd like to know which two people on the planet wouldn't giggle at his antics. Did you code HIM, too?

2:56 am  
Blogger Mr Atrocity said...

I did code him. It took a lazy afternoon to do because I'm not that gret a programmer (as a cursory examination of my code would prove) but Processing is such a lovely language for playing with graphical ideas that it rewards even the more cack-handed scripter like me.

9:09 am  
Blogger Mr Atrocity said...

Or that "gret" a proof reader either apparently. Sorry.

5:49 pm  
Blogger booda baby said...

Ha. I'm probably the last person anyone to worry about typos. If not for typos, my ... wait. I thought that would work, the 'if not for typos, my blog posts would be half as long' gambit, but it CLEARLY does not. And I don't even know what a gambit is.

2:17 am  
Blogger Churlita said...

I finally watched it furtively at work. Very giggle inducing.

6:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home