Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Courgettezilla (or Zucchini Kong)

My work chum WCC has a garden. In this garden he grows vegetables of astonishing size. I ilke to imagine it's like the garden in Woody Allen's Sleeper. When he is sick of eating his own produce he brings some into work for us. Today he gave me the monster you see above. He assures me it's a courgette. I think it's a marrow but he says not. Anyway I have just spent a good while hacking it into tiny pieces and making courgette soup. I have made enough to feed a hundred people for a week, or a hungry me and T for at least three nights. Ah, nature's bounty is a wondrous (and occasionally vast) thing.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Churlita said...

It's that time of year. I'm going to the farmer's market in a few minutes to buy as much basil as possible so I can start making and freezing pesto sauce for the Winter. Mmmm.

11:07 pm  
Blogger booda baby said...

Wow. I thought the only thing that grew super big in the UK were those bunny rabbits. Jack rabbits. Some kind of rabbits that can scare the hell out of a person.

Wow. Again.

3:13 am  
Blogger Mr Atrocity said...

Churlita, yeah it's definitely heading toward soup season.

Booda Baby, it was in impressive specimen, now it's a freezer full of soup. It's all good I say.

4:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home