Sunday, August 17, 2008

All Off To Lord's

It was the Friends Provident Final on Saturday and this event saw myself, Papa Atrocity and my chum Tommy Dog meeting up at St John's Wood tube station at the unpleasantly early for a Saturday hour of half past nine. I left Schossadlerflug at 8.20 so that I could pick up supplies for lunch en route through Marylebone. Once we'd collected ourselves together we pottered up to the ground where we endured the usual security bag-poking and leg-patting that the Lord's marshalls seem to like indulging themselves in. We took our seats and Kent got us underway in a pretty lacklustre fashion with both openers falling cheaply.

County Final at Lord's 2008

Tommy Dog invented a new photographic technique which invloved stuffing the lens of a small compact digicam into the eyepiece of his binoculars to get a super telephoto image albeit with lots of vignetting and chromatic aberation. I had a go too:

Through Binoculars

During the lunch interval Tommy was able to indulge in two of his other hobbies beside cricket, those of beer drinking and reading books with pictures of tanks in them.

Tommy Dog Has Cricket, A Beer And A Book With Tanks In It

I stuck to the beer part.

Happy Mixture

Here is a snap of Papa Atrocity looking perplexed at Number One Son. He does that a lot.

With Papa Atrocity at Lord's

After a few splutters, Essex did what they ought to given the target they had been set and won the game with a little to spare. Here the Essex dressing room celebrates, They are in the red sweaters on the first floor of the pavilion.

The Essex Dressing Room Celebrates

All in all a very good day with a game that had more excitement that it at first appeared it would plus I got to sit outside with my dad and a buddy for a whole without a single drop of rain spoiling procedings in spite of the weather forecast. All in all, a happy time was had by all, apart from Kent and their fans.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Churlita said...

There is a strong family resemblance between you and your dad.

I love the binocular idea. Very clever.

7:22 pm  
Blogger Mr Atrocity said...

There is a resemblance indeed. At least I know what I'm going to look like in thirty years time.

7:25 pm  
Blogger booda baby said...

He's a dad. It's his job to be perplexed.

Cricket. I can watch a hundred movies (and it feels like I have) and cricket continues to mystify. Baseball, on the other hand, makes perfect sense. And also includes beer.

2:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home