Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Summer Pasta


Here's a quick, quite hearty but fresh and summery pasta recipe I concocted last week. My work chum CT has a garden in which she and her beloved grow courgettes amongst other things. They have a surfeit of them at the moment so in a fit of aggressive hospitality I suddenly found I had three courgettes all of a sudden. This is what I did:

  1. Slice the courgettes into disks and fry them in olive oil and a little butter.
  2. Cook the pasta.
  3. Whilst the two main ingredients are cooking, chop some mint and grate some parmesan.
  4. Squeeze the juice of half a lemon over the courgettes and chuck in a fistful of mint.
  5. When the pasta's done, drain it, return it to the pan off the heat and stir in some crême fraiche and half the parmesan.
  6. Dish out this mixture into pasta bowls and pour the cougettes on top.
  7. Sprinkle mint and the rest of the parmesan over the courgettes. Season to taste.
  8. Eat.
This one took very little time and was mighty tasty. All the better for home grown courgettes of course.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger booda baby said...

I gasp. Not that you can hear it, but I genuinely gasp because we had a very similar dish last night, a side to a yellow (is that the color) fin tuna with a blueberry-horseradish glaze. (Maybe it's not gasp-worthy. What do I know? I just wait for the food to arrive in front of me.)

Left to my own, I'd make a cheeseburger, but your Men Recipes do pretty well in a pinch. :)

1:15 pm  
Blogger Churlita said...

Is a courgette like zucchini?

8:54 pm  
Blogger Mr Atrocity said...

Booda Baby, I don't think I know quite what you mean by "Men Recipes"? Is this cooking by or for men?

Churlita, Courgettes are exactly the same thing as zucchini.

9:36 pm  
Blogger booda baby said...

By Men. From Men.

I have my own little philosophy, based entirely on my experience and having nothing to do with the rest of the world, that men are great cooks because men want to eat the FOOD of great cooks.

I mean, I love dining at wonderful restaurants, but when I'm hungry, a tuna fish sandwich or cheeseburger is just as good as carpaccio or some crazy ass way of making sea bass.

4:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home