Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sammich

Quick post on a tasty treat I made yesterday. I'd worked pretty late and had plenty of chores I wanted to get done at home meaning that I didn't want to spend too long in the kitchen. That said, having worked for about 12 hours without a break I did feel like treating myself a little. So I cracked open a beer and this is what I did:
  1. Preheat the grill to "pretty hot".
  2. In a bowl mix some plain yoghurt, curry powder, ground cumin and ground coriander seeds.
  3. Slather some strips of chicken in the yoghurt mixture and lay out on a grill pan.
  4. Grill the chicken for 15 minutes, turning after 10 or so.
  5. Meanwhile cut a couple of bread rolls in half. Soft, non-crusty bread is best for this receipt.
  6. Slice up some tomato and crisp lettuce.
  7. When the chicken's done, season it and assemble it with the salad into a sandwich. A squirt of lemon juice might be nice too.
This was mighty tasty and looking back through the ingredients and method probably quite healthy too, and those two qualities don't intersect often. Done from scratch in 20 minutes and most of that was waiting for the chicken to cook.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Churlita said...

That's brilliant. I may have to try that soon.

9:16 pm  
Blogger booda baby said...

Yes, it reads deeeelicious. But much is explained by the 'only twenty minutes.' What? You've never heard of Marks & Spencer's pop-it-in-the microwave treats? I loved the peking duck. Only it couldn't have been peking duck, but ... you know. Their version.

3:02 am  
Blogger Mr Atrocity said...

Churlita, I will definitely be doing this one again. It may become a "worked till eleven, don't want take away food, don't want to spend ages cooking" regular for me.

Booda Baby, I am suspicious of microwaves. They are acceptable for warming plates, and heating milk for hot chocolate or coffee but I don't think I'm quite ready to cook in one yet. I'm a very old fashioned cook I'm afraid.

9:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home