Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunday Walk

I took a walk today down through The City, over the Millennium Bridge to the Tate Modern to have a look at the Duchamp, Man Ray, Picabia retrospective. The show was as I expected: very interesting from an art historical standpoint but rather soulless. There's a couple of Duchamps I liked and some of the Man Ray photographs are delightful but overall the show was a little underwhelming. I thought I'd take a look at the Juan Muñoz also as I hadn't taken as long as I'd thought I might going around the main show. I was really surprised and impressed. There were several rooms full of body casts of a very small man in a suit in a variety of poses and amongst whom you could walk. It was a rather unsettling and wonderful experience. Here's a few photos from the walk and from the Muñoz show:

Saint Paul's Cathedral

Turbine Hall

Muñoz

Coffee and Cake

Bankside - The Tate Modern

Steps to Millennium Bridge

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger booda baby said...

In my first act as the Queen of Brevity: http://photographybooknow.com

It only needs you to take one or two days of those four dayed weekends of yours. Who does intimate as well as you? The crack in the floor took a leeeetle bit of breath out of me. YES IT did.

(Oh. There IS a woman. I forget her name. She does portraits in the Middle East and haunting shots of Jerusalem.)

I can not type while they're trying to wrest the crown from my head. This WAS brief.

1:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home