Monday, February 23, 2009

I'm Free!

I am now officially on holiday. Wow, for a while there I didn’t think it would happen and in fact Wolf Man isn’t completely done yet but apart from minimal tweaks here and there my involvement is at an end. And so, for the next three weeks, my time is my own. Poor T had to work the weekend (seems when I don’t have to work weekends, she does) so I’ve had about three days almost to myself already.

On Saturday I went and got a hair cut which was needed as I was on the cusp of a proto mullet and that is not a good thing. Once I got home I tidied the flat and cooked up the veggie faux-cassoulet thing I invented and described way back when. Yesterday was mostly spent cooking and lounging about until about six when we had friends come over for dinner and cocktails. Had a lovely time chatting and getting merry. I felt incredibly fat by the time I waddled to bed. In fact I ate so much that I didn’t need breakfast this morning and with me, that almost never happens. I spent the rest of today making a few more guitar tweaks, all of which were accomplished without incident this time. After that I went for a thirty minute back massage for which I am currently feeling no benefit. After half an hour, much of it in pain, I feel no looser than I did before but my back and shoulders are sore. Perhaps I’ll feel amazing in the morning. If not, I’ll know not to go there again.

I’m off out for dinner in a few minutes. I’m meeting T and our friend Z from work and together we’re going to walk to New Tayyabs, an amazing and incredibly cheap Pakistani restaurant near Brick Lane. I suspect there will be orders of jugs of mango lassi and copious amounts of tandoori chicken. All in all, not a bad start to my time off.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Churlita said...

I was just thinking about figuring out how to make somosas. Your Pakistani food sounds wonderful.

7:28 pm  
Blogger booda baby said...

Oh, it DOES sound like a perfect beginning. Makes me want to give it a try. So far, I've shown no talent for stopping work and starting NOT working, but maybe if you drop helpful hints into your blog, I'll benefit. :)

7:42 pm  
Blogger Ananda girl said...

Your vacation sounds wonderful. I followed Churlita's blog here because I had to ask...

Is your name connected the The Vandals's song?

4:00 am  
Blogger Mr Atrocity said...

Churlita - Pakistani food at Tayyabs is amazing (and cheap). The restaurant is packed every night.

Booda Baby - You need to make a definite decision to start stopping and stop starting for it to work.

Ananda Girl - This is why I am called Mr Atrocity and it wasn't The Vandals. Sorry.

6:17 pm  
Blogger Ananda girl said...

What a fabulous story! Thank you. By the way, I loved your sketch. Enjoy!

5:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home