Friday, May 02, 2008

The Long Walk

I've been feeling sluggish recently. Partly this down to the completely knackered condition I find myself in following the ongoing slog that getting this current film done has turned out to be. There's more to it though and I think I have finally pinpointed the other aspect. When I used to live in Camberwell I had an hour and ten minute walk into work, which I did daily. Since moving to the centre of town my walk has diminished to ten minutes, not enough to qualify as exercise and certainly not enough to have a think and stretch my back.

This week, even though it has rained torrentially on two mornings, I have been taking a circuitous, if pretty, route to work. From Schossadlerflug I walk to the Bank of England and from there over London Bridge. I then wander along the south bank of The Thames to Waterloo Bridge where I cross back onto the north bank. From there I wander up though Covent Garden and into Soho. There's plenty to see as I trundle along. When there's a morning without rain I'll take a camera and upload a few snaps from the route.

There's also a certain perverse delight in being fairly sure that you're the only person listening to The New York Dolls as you pass all the pin-striped suits jostling to get into their offices around the Bank of England.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Churlita said...

Your walk to work sounds so much better than mine. i walk about twenty minutes down the same street in a residential neighborhood until I get to the University. Boooo-riiiing.

6:55 pm  
Blogger booda baby said...

When there's a morning without rain... What? You're moving to the Continent?

The above is almost not worth it since my 'get in to comment' key is made up of exactly nine trillion letters: onqaubxb

Actually, that's not so bad. It just looks all twisty/turny/jumbly/big.

7:49 pm  
Blogger Mr Atrocity said...

Churlita, this new walk is pretty good, the only downside is that I'm swimming upstream against the massed ranks of commuters the whole way.

Booda Baby, with all this global warming it's going to be like the south of France here soon. I may plant an olive tree in readiness.

8:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home