Saturday, December 30, 2006

Getting Ready For The Year of Licence To Kill

I'm finally back after the yearly commute around the nation to see the scattered relatives. This year they'd arranged themselves as compactly as possible really and thus I only had three train journeys to contend with, rather than a potential six. It was lovely to see them all, of course, but I can't deny it's very pleasant to be back at home with the knowledge that I don't have to travel anymore for the rest of the year. And as it's almost the end of the year the temptation to look back is overwhelming. In this confessional little post of twelve months ago I hoped that 2006 would be more uniformly positive. I think I can safely say that this has been one of the best years I can remember. I said I'd try to do more this year and I've cooked more, made a short film (if anyone wants to see it just e-mail me -plug plug), taken photographs, done some good work on HParOotP (I think), made a conscious effort to absorb more culture, (dance, theatre etc.), I've finally made it a music festival, something I'd been meaning to do for years and best of all I've met a wonderful woman in Tinseltroos, with whom I'm very much in love. It would be utterly ridiculous to ask for any more and I consider myself amazingly lucky. I suppose the benefit of of 2005 being a more depressing year is that when things take a turn for the better you really do appreciate it all the more. So 2006 has been very good to me and all I can say to those who've had a rotten 2006 is that these things seem to be cyclical and that 2007 may be your best yet.

Here's a little medley of fun photos from 2006 that sum up the year for me:

Charlie and The Chocolate Factory Celebration Dinner

Me on the Hallowed Turf

Looking Out

I am Pleased

Dapper Fellows

Lucas and Ziah

Triumvirate of evil

Prom 23

I Shall Sing All The Songs

Gazing at The Thames

Strange Family Ritual

Wooded Path

John Renbourn

'troos, and Soul Food

We Have Grog

frequency

Everyone a Rembrandt

The Realisation That She May Have Made a Terrible Mistake

Todd T. Dog Esq.

Griffon Bruxellois and Groupie

Food Glorious Food

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Churlita said...

What an amazing photo retrospective. I too believe that one bad year usually means that the next year can be that much better by comparison.

I hope you and your lady have a wonderful new year. It's been great getting to know you through your blog.

6:00 pm  
Blogger Mr Atrocity said...

Churlita, it's been great getting to know you through yours also. Hoping that 2007 is kinder than 2006 was to you.

10:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home