Sunday, December 24, 2006

And Now Relax...


Presents, originally uploaded by Mr Atrocity.

Well I think my chores are all done. I've got all the food we're going to need in, I have the wine. I've done a metric shitload of washing, I've tidied up my computer so it's a happy little beastie again. I've tidied much of the house and the kitchen is clean.

The last task was wrapping presents for the family which is also now done. My mum sent T a little present which arrived in the post wrapped in brown paper and string. I assume that there's regular wrapping paper underneath but I was struck by how lovely parcels wrapped in brown paper are. This led me to decide to use parcel paper (like the stuff my current sketchpad is made of) for wrapping the family presents. To jazz it up a little I thought ribbons would set the paper off nicely and chose the russet as a colour that would glam up the paper without clashing with it. I love getting and wrapping presents for the family and my friends. It's one of the few time that we in the West get a little "Japanese" about something. We're very cavalier here and don't take time on presentation and careful decision-making. Wrapping presents is like making sushi. The right elements have to brought together with consideration and style. It's a chance for everyone to express a little of themselves in a creative fashion. Wonderful.

So now I'm all done. I shall go for a walk up One Tree Hill in a few minutes, then get some mulled wine on the hob when I return ready for Tinseltroos' arrival. I'm so excited that we get to spend Christmas together. After that I shall be off on a bit of an odyssey to see the scattered family so blogging may well be light or non-existent for the next few days.

Because I almost certainly won't even have the computer switched on tomorrow, let alone have time for posting I'll wish you all a very happy Christmas holiday now. Hope you have a wonderful time.

Mr. A.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Churlita said...

Merry Christmas and have a wonderful New year!

5:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home