Friday, May 09, 2008

Work is the curse of the drinking classes

Wow. I am on holiday. I suddenly find myself with two weeks of time off on my hands. My contribution to Hellboy 2 is complete and my next project can wait a couple of weeks before I have to commit serious hours to it. And so here I am, at home, on a Friday afternoon. I did a half day today, finishing at one o'clock. I had a delicious al fresco lunch with a couple of friends at a little Soho brasserie where we shared a couple of bottles of wine and some good food before going our separate ways. I went and got a haircut, a back massage and a comic book (Batman for me, Buffy for Tinseltroos) and I'm now at home with my feet up.

Tomorrow is T and my anniversary which will be celebrated with dinner at our favourite restaurant possibly preceded by a cocktail somewhere local and on Sunday I am due to entertain a friend who's visiting from San Francisco. Her plan of being entertained seems to be asking to sit in a proper pub and drinking "a pint or four" over an afternoon. This, I think, I can assist with. Following this I shall clamber aboard a train on Monday morning and head South to Cornwall for a few days. I plan on walking a bit, sitting a bit, reading a bit and eating and drinking quite a lot. I'll be back in London on Thursday afternoon and then I can decide what to do with the rest of my holiday.

Life is good.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Churlita said...

That all sounds so wonderful. I'm very jealous. Have fun.

6:48 pm  
Blogger Mandi said...

Sounds lovely - enjoy!

1:07 am  
Blogger Mr Atrocity said...

Thank you both, I'm going to try to enjoy the hell out of my time off.

3:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home