Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Dinner and a Why-oh-why

Last night, as it had been cold and rainy all day I made veggie burgers for T and me. Having made it up as I went and as I was quite pleased with the result, I'm recording it here for the benefit of my sieve like memory. I finely chopped a medium sized onion, half an aubergine and a red pepper and combined this with 2 burger buns worth of bread crumbs, a good sprinkling of smoked paprika, cumin and a large beaten egg to bind the whole shebang. Season to taste. I then pan fried them in olive oil before serving in a bun with salad, mozzarella, mayonnaise, basil and sliced tomato. I'll definitely be doing those again.

In other news, as I've begun the search for the replacement Atrocity Axe I've been reading a couple of guitar magazines, trawling some fora and so on to glean as much information as I can on the guitar state-of-the-union before making any purchases. I've been a little out of the loop in electric guitar and the dazzling array of shiny planks on offer has had me shaking my head a few times in disbelief. Here is my non-exhaustive list of "Things that an electric guitar does not need":
  1. LEDs (anywhere).
  2. A digital display (for anything).
  3. A USB socket (Why, Gibson, why?)
  4. More than two cutaways (Yes B.C. Rich, I'm still looking at you).
  5. More than 24 frets (only dogs can hear those notes).
  6. Automatic self-tuning (You again Gibson?)
  7. More than 4 knobs.
  8. More than 2 toggle switches.
  9. More than 6 strings (Mr Vai, this means you).
  10. Non-standard pickup shapes.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger dmarks said...

Be thankful that it did not come with the following:

1) Lifelike Richard Marx cardboard cutout.
2) Cup-holders
3) Optional beer-keg guitar body.
4) iPod mounting cradle
5) Spare tyre mounted on the back
6) Second Full-sized neck complete with strings, frets, etc sticking out of the opposite end of the body, in order to serve left-hander.

2:43 pm  
Blogger Mr Atrocity said...

Sadly #6 has already been catered for. The very adept Michael Angelo Batio has one. It's horrible.

2:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home