Tuesday, September 25, 2007

RISC OS on Mac OS X


RISC OS on Mac OS X, originally uploaded by Mr Atrocity.

Wow this is some old fashioned nerd nostalgia here. Tinseltroos and I both had Acorn Archimedes computers when we were growing up as our parents were sensible and didn't want us messing about with any of those Commodore Amigas which were "just for games". I loved my A3000 and I used it from the age of 12 right up until I was about 20. 8 years of usage from one non-upgraded machine is unthinkable today but the old dear was a game old bird and my first year essays on my degree were a fitting swansong.


Both T and I suddenly got the nostalgia bug and decided to see if we could get emulators for her PC and my Mac and lo and behold you can. That window above is a sight for sore eyes I can tell you. It brings the memories flooding back. Now if only I could get IRIX running...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Churlita said...

My first computer was an Osborn. The screen was about as big as that of an iPod.

9:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home