Monday, September 24, 2007

The Only Way Is Up

My adopted cricket county Middlesex's run of recent wins had, by yesterday, pulled them up to a play-off place. How wonderful you might think, and indeed it is an impressive achievement. Tragically for me, the other side in the play-off was Northamptonshire, my true love (though she's a cruel mistress with her constant teasing that she will blossom into a quality side one day and never quite managing it, I love her nonetheless). This was in all honesty a tie that given recent form was only going to go one way. Middlesex cruised to victory meaning that next year I will get to see 1st Division Pro 40 cricket (Yay!) but won't get to see poor old "always the bridesmaid never the bide" Northants (Boo).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home