Saturday, January 13, 2007

The Five Things You Don't Know About Me Meme

It's doing the rounds; here are my quirks.

1) I have no movement in the second joint on either thumb, they're just locked solid. As far as I know they always have been but I didn't notice until well into adulthood that everyone else seemed able to use their thumbs properly. I suspect I'm an evolutionary regression.

2) I have a scar on the side of my head from an injury caused by sister hitting me with a golf club. She claims it was accidental. At the time I had very long hair and did not notice that it scarred. It was only many years later when I shaved my head that it was revealed in all its glory.

3) I cannot swim. But since my one remaining ambition is to see a Great White Shark in the wild I'll have to learn one day. My other ambition was to have my name in the credits of a film I'm proud of and I finally achieved that with "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". The films I'd been credited on prior to Charlie weren't regarded as terribly good movies, though personally I love "Troy" (sorry).

4) I was bullied a lot at school between the ages of about 13 and 18. I hated the place, the institution and my classmates. They were either actively complicit in the bullying or said or did nothing to help. I had long hair, liked comic books and Jimi Hendrix and this did not stand me in good stead my contemporaries who had spiked hair and liked chart music and read nothing. As a consequence I have no friends from school; every friend I have now comes from my adulthood and they are an amazing bunch of tolerant people.

5) I practically never remember my dreams. It's a constant source of annoyance that everyone else seems to have mega-budget flights of fancy and I get nought. As a child I had one recurring dream. I and the girl I had a crush on at the time, Alison (we were about 9 years old) were trapped in a dark forest and were always running and hiding from a pursuer. I never fully saw what it looked like, all I could make out was a pair of head-lights way up in the air looking like eyes on the giant machine. There never was any resolution to the dream.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home