Friday, October 27, 2006

New Head Please

Can I have a new head please? This one isn't working very well; in fact for the last two days it's been malfunctioning something chronic. Tomorrow I shall begin my thirty second year and that, I fear, puts my noggin way out of its warranty period. Curses. Actually I can't remember a) having a cold this bad for years and b) having two consecutive days off work due to illness ever. I'm so bored. I hate being ill, it's just so dull. I've finished reading my book, "Surely You're Joking Mr. Feynman!" which was excellent but beyond that I've found it impossible to concentrate on anything else.

I have been having a new type of Lemsip, "Berries and Hot Orange". Having got all excited at this shiny new product I stopped to think for a bit and realised that of course it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference. I have no sense of smell or taste so it could taste of anything and I'd be none the wiser. Stupid, stupid Atrocity. My mind has clearly addled over the last three days.

I'm hoping that I'll have some sort of olfactory function by tomorrow as I'm going to my favourite restaurant for dinner with Tinseltroos and I'd hate not to be able to appreciate it. I suppose I may just have to focus on texture. Fingers crossed for my sinuses. Actually I do feel much better now than I have done since Wednesday morning and I do have my voice back. I realise many others may not see this as a good thing but I choose to see it as a sign of progress.

Happy birthday to me (in advance), and happy birthday to my wee sister whose birthday actually is today.

1 Comments:

Blogger Churlita said...

Hey, Happy Birthday! I hope you're feeling better. It sucks to be sick - especially on your birthday.

4:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home