Saturday, October 21, 2006

Everyone a Rembrandt


Everyone a Rembrandt, originally uploaded by Mr Atrocity.

Today I've been painting humourous (I hope) smut. The premise is that Tinseltroos and Sisoftroos are having a Hallowe'en party. The theme of the party is a Victorian Carnivale/sideshow and in order to transform their flat into such a location we needed to make some props. Many other items have been created and it's been huge fun spending evenings with glue, tape, card, modeling clay and paints and we've made some fabulously tasteless stuff.

My final task, apart from my costume which will remain secret until the day, was to paint the advertising poster for The Bearded Lady. I decided that prepending the word "erotic" to almost anything makes it better so she's become an "Erotic Bearded Lady" and I couldn't resist the opportunity to pastiche (very badly) the wonderful Alberto Vargas. If you can hear a low humming sound, that's him spinning in his grave.

At my age I really should know better.

3 Comments:

Blogger Churlita said...

Nice poster. Yes, "erotic" always makes it more fun, doesn't it?

6:39 pm  
Blogger Margaret said...

But if she were "organic" it would cost more to see her.

10:34 pm  
Blogger Mr Atrocity said...

Churlita:

Thanks for the compliment and think of the other applicable options, The National Erotic Aeronautical and Space Adminsitration, The Royal Erotic Opera House and so on.

Margaret: I'm not sure she's organic but she's definitely free-range.

11:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home