Tuesday, August 15, 2006

World Trade Center

Tinseltroos has just phoned to tell me that she's just got home from a press screening of the film. "WTC" is not released in the UK for another 6 weeks so she's amongst the first to see it and she was concerned about the project she'd devoted 9 months of her life to as she had real issues with "United 93" when she saw that. She was happy to report that the film was much better than she'd expected and not as political as she'd feared. But she was most excited to report that she got credited as a Lead Digital Artist which is totally deserved since she did much of the most complicated work on the project. I'm incredibly proud of her and she deserves the plaudits that this credit represents. She is also in the film, albeit as a face on a poster, but she's very visible and Maggie Gyllenhaal points to her at one point. Apparently I got a credit too, which I am a little puzzled at since I was only on the film for about 2 months, but I'm grateful that my small contribution on this project was acknowledged as I really wasn't expecting it.

From what she's said about the film I think I may go to see it after all, although it will not make for comfortable viewing and I'm still unsure of whether I feel it was right to make these films at this time. That said, I fear the idea that someone could be pressured to not make the film more though; freedom of speech is paramount and I should really defend it on that level if no other, and it seems less prone to the unfounded smearing of real people's characters than "United 93".

2 Comments:

Blogger scruffylooking said...

A lot of people here think that it would have made a better made for TV movie. So, is it better than that? My concerns about it were that it would be too annoyingly patriotic and black and white and that it would go overboard trying to milk the tears.

Congratulations on the credit, though.

3:54 pm  
Blogger Mr Atrocity said...

That's exactly what Tinseltroos said it felt like; a very expensive TV movie and although she said it was a bit saccharine it wasn't annoyingly political or jingoistic.

4:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home