Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Busy Busy


aubergine quiche, originally uploaded by Mr Atrocity.

Tonight after a quick post-work beer with Tinseltroos I got the bus home as I had much to do. Luckily my friend Sissypops got on at Piccadilly so I had someone to talk to en route back to Atrocityville.

Upon arrival we went our seperate ways, hers to get Phad Thai and mine to briefly go home to check the levels of golden syrup and then off to the supermarket for some food shopping.

I got back to Atrocity Mansions at about 9 p.m. and set to work, first making a ginger cake to take into work tomorrow and then an aubergine quiche for dinner tomorrow night (well tonight actually, now I come to look at the time). I fried up some aubergine, finely chopped onion and mushrooms in olive oil with some chopped flat-leaf parsley and thyme and then put the mixture in a regular quiche. I was at least smart enough to remember to keep the oven on after the cake came out to put the pastry in once I'd made it. It looks promising but I'm keeping it intact for later, so tasting notes will have to wait.

Once the cooking was done I did a little work on one of my personal projects, of which more next week I think when I'll have something concrete to show for my efforts. And now I am knackered so I shall climb up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire, as my mum used to say when I was little.

Zzzzz.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home