Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Little Frangipane Tarts


Little Frangipane Tarts, originally uploaded by Mr Atrocity.

These little tarts were made from a recipe by James Martin. I used my own sweet short-crust pastry methods though. I used the 4 silicone baby flan tins I got for my birthday for the first time and they worked a treat when it came to turning the tarts out. The filling is frangipane with prunes; a really tasty combination. The other good thing about using the silicone was that I could turn them out earlier than I could with a traditional metal tin meaning that they could cool in the air thus preventing a soggy pastry which sometimes happens if the tarts spend too much time in the tins once they're out of the oven.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Churlita said...

Mmmmm. There's nothing sexier than a post about tarts and silicone.

6:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home