Saturday, June 09, 2007

Superficial Snapshots

Allison V. Smith Presents...

There are many reasons I love the internet. Probably the aspect that appeals to me most about it is the way it enables individuals to be creative in ways previously only open to those with huge resources or access to mass media. Above you can see me thumbing through a perfect example of this. I was reading one of my favourite blogs, "suck it trebek" authored by Nerver and Jen when I came upon an entry about the work of Alison V. Smith, a Texas based photographer. Alison had self published a small book of photographs called Superficial Snapshots.

I liked what I saw online and so, through the magic of PayPal, I ordered myself a copy. It is a delightful book full of pictures displaying a strong sense of colour and composition: lovely. It is hard to see how, without the series of tubes, she could have marketed her book to a broad enough audience to make it worthwhile producing and how I could have found out about it and then purchased it.

Thank you Alison, and thanks to Jen and Nerver for the tip off.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

yay for alison's work crossing the pond!

9:25 pm  
Blogger Mr Atrocity said...

And it arrived quickly too. Such a lovely book.

6:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home