Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A Strange And Comforting Thing

Here is a photo I took this morning as I was walking up One Tree Hill. From the top, next to an oak on the site of a tree where Queen Elizabeth the First took shelter in 1602 giving the area its name of Honor Oak, you can see across the city to Saint Paul's Cathedral. It is strange to think that if I stood on this spot 400 years ago I'd still be able to see it just as it is today. That is one of the reasons I love London so.

Me One Tree Hill

You can see Saint Paul's a little better in this blow up. It pleases me immensely that it is still unobscured by all subsequent developments. I can only imagine how impressive it must have looked when it dwarfed all buildings in the city.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Churlita said...

I couldn't view the first photo, but the second one is cool.

8:01 pm  
Blogger Mr Atrocity said...

Oops, seemed to have buggered something up there. Should be fixed now and hopefully makes more sense.

11:18 pm  
Blogger Churlita said...

Perfect.

5:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home