Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Snakes Head Fritillaries


Snakes Head Fritillaries, originally uploaded by Mr Atrocity.

A little over a year ago, when Tinseltroos and I were becoming fast friends but before we started going out she asked me to design a tattoo for her. By the time she had it done, we were a couple and the idea of putting her new partner's designs permanently on her body didn't seem like such a good one so she went for a pattern of her own.

Whilst I was working on my design she told me about these amazing and very rare flowers that grow, briefly, in the meadow of her college in Oxford. I fell in love with the pictures I saw and incorporated them into my design. Whilst she may not have them on her body, these little flowers mean a lot to me as they symbolise our nascent relationship and always transport me to the days when we were first courting.

I finally got to look at them in the flesh two weekends ago when we went up to Oxford specifically to see them. In a week we will be celebrating our first anniversary in New York. What a wonderful old world this is.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Beverly Sutphin said...

Awww... *cries a bit*

Now, you know I wasn't being mean when I didn't get your design done... I wanted to avoid the "I got my boyfriend's name tattooed on me, then we broke up two weeks later and I had it changed to Pammy/Wino/a dragon" mistake. You know that, right?

The design still means an awful lot to me. And so do the flowers :)

xx

9:25 am  
Blogger Mr Atrocity said...

I know that, sweetheart.

Isn't holding a conversaion on the internet a bit weird when you're in the next room?

9:28 am  
Blogger Beverly Sutphin said...

No! It would be weird if we were in the same room, though.

5:46 pm  
Blogger Churlita said...

What a sweet story, and what a beautiful tattoo.

10:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home