Friday, November 02, 2007

Drinkies Time


The Clachan, London, originally uploaded by Saima.

My head hurts. It is no-one's fault but mine own. Well the lovely people who came to the pub to help celebrate my fake birthday also had a hand in it but there were operating with the best of intentions I'm sure. My suffering is as nothing compared to Tinseltroos who may have had a beer too many and is currently contemplating all the joys and perils that a slice of toast may have in store for her.

I am lucky old sod you know. I have in the past organised big weekend birthday dos to try and see all my chums who, due to us all working silly hours, I don't get to see all that often. This year, because T and I had our weekend away over my birthday I thought I'd keep it low key. I sent out an e-mail saying I would be in The Clachan, a beautiful Victorian pub in Soho, from quitting time onwards if anyone fancied stopping by for a pint. By the time the full complement was present almost half the pub were my friends. Such good people. It's always a treat when you get different groups of friends mixing for the first time. I found myself looking around the room thinking, "But you don't know them." And yet happy, involved conversations were had by all. I count myself so fortunate that this wonderful group of people consider themselves to be my friend and to see them all together is a rare treat.

At eleven o'clock the pub staff kicked the last of us out and Tinseltroos and myself bade farewell to Tommy Dog, Miss Weeza, Joopie, Danny Boy and the Fake Frenchman and we all weaved our slightly tipsy paths into the night. If I'd been smart I would have taken a camera but I am not smart so you'll all have to use your imaginations. I am now off to rub my temples and consider what I might usefully achieve at work today. Oww.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Churlita said...

Take it from me, maybe it's best to leave your camera at home.

8:09 pm  
Blogger Mr Atrocity said...

That is a good point.

5:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home