Monday, March 26, 2007

A Stuff What I Done Post

Well I had another whole weekend off, mostly because the side of HPatOotP that I'm on is nearly done and the precise bit I'm responsible for is currently out of my hands whilst I await further instruction from on high. Tinseltroos, unfortunately did have to work on Saturday as she was having difficulty with a wizard. One of the trials of the job I'm afraid. Anyhow, that meant I had Saturday to myself. As I'm still in a post-crisis lull I spent much of that mooching about at home tidying things up, doing washing and whatnot. I did find time to have a good hour or so playing guitar, both acoustic and electric thus satisfying my inner John Renbourn and Eddie Van Halen. The evening's highlight was a concert given by pal Missy P's choir, Coro, at St Alban The Martyr, a church in The City. I hadn't seen them perform before and I was enormously impressed. The piece they sang was Rachmaninov's All Night Vigil (sometimes called The Vespers), a piece which I was utterly unfamiliar with prior to Saturday. It's a very beautiful, powerful and moving piece and to hear a top notch choir perform it in a beautiful church with all the attendant acoustics was a joy indeed. The other pleasing part of Saturday was that Missy P's fella, Clarence, was visiting from the US where he now works. We had a couple of beers and a catchup. A good time was had by all.

On Sunday I laid in reading until about 10, then leisurely went about my day. I walked into town in the afternoon up to Tinseltroos' flat. After a refreshing brew of tea we went with Sisoftroos to see David Lynch's "Inland Empire". The film is three hours and the closest thing to a pure art piece that he has done. I found it mesmerising and very emotive, eerie and beautiful. I don't want to write much about it now as it's still sinking in and I'll need to let it stew in my subconscious and conscious for a while yet before I really know what I think about it. I would utterly urge you all to see it though, it is nothing if not remarkable.

After the cinema we all went to Ragam, an amazing South Indian restaurant near Tinseltroos Towers. Having gorged ourselves on staggeringly good food for about a tenner a head we went back to T's flat for a few episodes of "Pimp my Ride", a cup of marsala tea and so to bed. All in all a delightful was to spend a weekend.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home