Friday, March 30, 2007

Everybody Gets Everything They Want

So my bicycle plans are starting to coalesce. After being patronised by the rude and unhelpful staff at Condor Cycles, where I will now not be buying a bicycle I have decided to see if I can get one of these single speed fixies on eBay instead:



To this I shall have to add some non-drop handlebars and I'm thinking that these Soma ones will fit the bill perfectly. I really like what this fellow has done with the Brooks brown handlebar tape and I think I might do likewise.


Finally, just to assuage my traditional instincts and love of tweedy and leathery goodness I don't think I shall be able to resist a lovely Brooks saddle like this. This is definitely an indulgence but one that's worth it; it's so pretty.


If anyone knows about cycling and thinks any part of this scheme is barmy then please let me know. I've done my research but it's quite possible I've missed something. With luck this'll be a fun mini-project to do during my month off following the completion of HPatOotP in May.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Churlita said...

Nice wheels. I can't wait to start riding again.

7:14 pm  
Blogger Mr Atrocity said...

It's been a while since I last cycled but I'm feeling the urge again and if I don't do something about it soon I shall become far too fat far too quickly.

10:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home